(13) Joshua: "Mama, will you be married with me?"
On the other hand, it was a difficult thing to hear because he was crying hysterically when he said it. We were watching a rather sad movie. I didn't think he understood or even cared that much about what was going on in the movie. I was a generic sort of hallmark movie- every other scene someone was crying for some reason or another. Josh took it all very hard and was crying too- I had to leave the room to check on Ivy and when I got back Josh was bawling and asking me to marry him. Apparently he's having some vulnerable moments lately. I later convinced him that he couldn't get married until he was a little older and that maybe God had someone else in mind for him. He said "well, maybe I'll marry Amara!." Amara is a friend of his from church- an older woman, in fact. She's four years old, I think- adorable gal. I told him that he'd have to ask Amara's Daddy and Mommy first, so he may approach them on Sunday at church. Watch out Stephanie!
On the other hand, it was a difficult thing to hear because he was crying hysterically when he said it. We were watching a rather sad movie. I didn't think he understood or even cared that much about what was going on in the movie. I was a generic sort of hallmark movie- every other scene someone was crying for some reason or another. Josh took it all very hard and was crying too- I had to leave the room to check on Ivy and when I got back Josh was bawling and asking me to marry him. Apparently he's having some vulnerable moments lately. I later convinced him that he couldn't get married until he was a little older and that maybe God had someone else in mind for him. He said "well, maybe I'll marry Amara!." Amara is a friend of his from church- an older woman, in fact. She's four years old, I think- adorable gal. I told him that he'd have to ask Amara's Daddy and Mommy first, so he may approach them on Sunday at church. Watch out Stephanie!




5 comments:
Oh, SO cute!! What little boy at church DOESN'T want to marry Amara?
lol- tis true- Ted and Stephanie must be prepared to turn away many sad young men!
ha ha! That is so funny. I can just see him now coming up to me asking me if he could marry Amara. He is such a funny little guy.
And, what sweet things to say about Amara. :) When she wakes up I'm going to tell her that some sweet things were said about her. I already know her expression. She'll curl up her shoulders, tilt her head and her lips will tuck into her cheeks on the sides into a sweet semi smile and her eyes will say everything.
Yes, Amara is a babe! lol She has beautiful eyes and such adorable dimples! Josh, Hallmark movies make me cry too!
I am laughing so hard!! What a cutie! He has good taste in women, though, doesn't he? Mommy & Amara!
Post a Comment