Thursday, April 3, 2008
My Hero...
This week we introduced a new form of encouragement for Josh. I took 3x5 index cards and decorated them with stickers and we call them "hero cards." Josh gets a hero card whenever I notice that he's doing something above and beyond what he usually does. Like sharing with Ivy or helping pick up without me asking him to. When he earns 10 cards, he gets to take the family out for ice cream thus being our hero! He's very excited about this and it really has cut down on some of the more discouraging negative behavior that we sometimes come across. So far he's earned six cards. Tonight after dinner he cleared all of the dishes from the table and scraped them and put them in the sink. My little man is learning! I must say that this is making my job more enjoyable too! His face really lights up whenever i hand over a new card. Oh- and one of the rules is that he can't ask for a card. No doing a good deed and then asking for a reward. Mama has to notice- I made it pretty easy for him this first week but I think as time goes on I will make it a bit harder for him to earn them. I'm trying to create good habits. I'll let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wow good idea....I may try that one!
I'm sorry but I'm tagging you! There are directions on my blog to write your own "6 Word Memoir".
Great idea!
Oooh, I like it. I should try it with Josiah. He already likes to be my hero. And he really likes ice cream. :)
Post a Comment