Meet Brodie- If you're looking for a good, stout, black tea, this is THE BEST (famous Edinburgh)! I absolutely love it! So far, the only place where I can find it is at a little British imports store in Grapevine, TX. Its worth the drive!
A fantastic, back-to-the-basics cookbook that every homemaker should own! Stories and Recipes of the Great Depression-- it inspires me to give my family the very best of me. It really challenges me to economize!
Ever try coffee with chicory? A slightly burnt taste to the coffee but it is simply scrumptious! The idea intrigued me when I read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"- my favorite book of all time. Takes place during the Great Depression- chicory was used to stretch the coffee a bit. I found this coffee at the World Market in Milwaukee during our visit back last week.
Everything you ever wanted to know about homesteading! Also encourages me to economize and plan and stretch that buck! Lots of ideas and keeps me dreaming of a time when we might have a bit of land- maybe a goat or two, some chickens, an orchard...that isn't asking too much, is it? Who wouldn't want to churn their own butter?I'll try to catch up on posting the latest happenings in the Piggott house- I know its been about a month and so much can change in a short amount of time!





3 comments:
Jenna! We missed you!! Welcome back. I love that teapot--it looks so cozy for whatever reason. Maybe we should have a dollar stretcher club or something. We're doing Financial Peace Univ., and that's inspiring us.
with your chicory coffee, you oughta try your hand at beignets - you can have a real new orleans experience, close your eyes and you can imagine you're at *the* cafe du monde (from which your chicory coffee took its name)
it was so good to see you last week! i hope your birthday was wonderful!
We have made the beignets! mmmmm! good to see you too- it might be a while before we make the trek again!
Post a Comment